University Ministry, College Ministry, Varsity Ministry
Gospel-centered, Bible-based content aimed at honoring our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and serving his Church. We want to help people understand the implications of the gospel and the truth of God’s Word, for all of life, for all eternity, and for the glory of God.
Statement of Faith
The sole basis of our beliefs is the Bible, God’s infallible written Word, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments. We believe that it was uniquely, verbally and fully inspired by the Holy Spirit and that it was written without error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts. It is the supreme and final authority in all matters on which it speaks. We accept those areas of doctrinal teaching on which, historically, there has been general agreement among all true Christians. Because of the specialized calling of our movement, we desire to allow for freedom of conviction on other doctrinal matters, provided that any interpretation is based upon the Bible alone, and that no such interpretation shall become an issue which hinders the ministry to which God has called us.
- BELIEFS & VALUES -
1. We believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, the Son of the Living God, God in human form. We believe that the virgin-born Son of God died for our sins, was buried, rose from the dead after 3 days and is coming again. We believe He is both fully God and fully man. (Philippians. 2:5-7; John. 14:9; John. 8:58; John. 1:1, 14; Colossians. 2:9)
2. We believe that the Bible is the inspired Word of God, the written record of His supernatural revelation of Himself to man, absolute in its authority and complete in its revelation. (2 Timothy. 3:16- 17; 2 Peter. 1:20-21)
3. We believe that all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and are in need of salvation found only in Jesus Christ (Romans. 3:23; 1 Colossians. 3:11)
4. We believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross in our place to atone for the sins of mankind, including our sins as well. We believe in Jesus Christ on the cross as ransom, as the expression of divine love (and therefore an example of the Way), and especially as God’s victory over the enemy. (Isaiah. 53:3-6; 2 Colossians. 5:21; Romans. 5:8)
5. We believe in the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead as prophesied. (1 Corinthians. 15:1-4), and that he is coming again. (John. 14:1-6; 1 Thessalonians. 4:16-18; 2 Peter. 3:3-4, 10, 13)
6. As scripture says, we believe in heaven and hell, and in his just and merciful judgment to come. (Hebrews. 9:27; 2 Thessalonians. 1:8-9; Revelations. 20:15; 2 Co. 5:6-10)
7. We believe that the forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life are promised to those who trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. (John. 3:16-17; Ephesians. 2:8-9); and that those putting their trust in Jesus Christ should turn away from their sins, confess their faith and be baptized into Him. (Romans. 10:9, Acts. 2:38-39; Romans. 6:3-4) We reserve baptism for adults and children mature enough to repent of (turn away from) sin and confess faith in Jesus Christ. We ask believers who have not been baptized by immersion to submit to that New Testament practice. (Romans. 10:9; Acts. 2:38-39; Romans. 6:3-4)
8. We believe that those who receive Jesus Christ also receive the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit: He marks them as the possession of God, manifests the fruit of righteousness in their character and endows them with spiritual gifts for ministry. (2 Corinthians. 1:21-22; Galatians. 5:22-23; 1 Corinthians. 12:4-6)
9. We believe the church’s worship of God together on the first day of the week (Sunday) is a joy-filled Biblical practice that honors the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit and blesses believers today as well. Because the New Testament tells of the gathering of the church to share the Lord’s Supper each week (Acts. 20:7), University-Ministry Campus Church is blessed to share in communion with Jesus Christ and one another every week. Our worship includes music that is contemporary and ancient, hymns of the past and present day. There is worship time each Sunday that honors God with the human voice. Everyone present is invited to join in with their voices to glorify God. We believe that all believers should give a generous, intentional, regular, proportional gift of their income to God, through the local church, as a spiritual discipline. (Malachi. 3:10; 1 Corinthians. 16:2; 2 Corinthians. 9:6-7)
10. We believe that God answers prayer, in ways seen and unseen, through natural and supernatural ways. We believe prayer is a spiritual discipline that should be taught, learned and practiced within the Body of Jesus Christ. (Acts. 1:14; Colossians. 4:2; 1 John. 5:14-15)
11. We believe the Church is a body of Jesus Christ-followers who should live in the community and need the connection found in the fellowship of small group gatherings. (Acts. 2:44-47)
- Jesus Love You, Never Forget That -
Sign up to receive our weekly devotional
Copyright © - 2017 - 2020 JesusOutreachCenter.org All Rights Reserved - a ✟KristianstadNA organization.
Contributions are gladly accepted to boldly with excitement further the word of God and Jesus Christ to everyone in the world. All donations, large and small, are vital to this Kingdom work. - The Truth -
- Jesus Loves You, Never forgot -